Automated data capture and integration of shop floor equipment with line of business applications enables significant cost savings as well as productivity and quality improvements.
The SoftWire Manufacturing Execution and Data Management System provides a core platform for capturing data from shop floor equipment, bridging the gap with line of business applications, and providing a complete and detailed picture of all manufacturing operations.
The system can be flexibly configured to provide the following features:
- Two-way integration with shop floor equipment
- Batch or serialised assembly
- Integration with line of business applications such as ERP systems
- Enforce process checks and production workflow rules
- Capture & display detailed production records
- Manage process recipes
- Manage equipment configuration and calibration
- Configure test and process parameters
- Manage shop floor work orders
- Goods inwards inspection & inventory management
- Manual inspection & data entry
- Dynamically select and display work instructions
- Integration with existing infrastructure, such as label printing
- Extensible reporting options via Web API's or direct database integration
Core services are hosted in the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, offering the following benefits:
- High availability and security
- Low ongoing maintenance
- Low cost of ownership
- Ability to scale up or down to meet capacity demands
- Ability to capture data from multiple manufacturing facilities in different geographic regions
- Single sign on with customers existing directory services
- Access to Microsoft Azure platform services including reporting and advanced analytics
Excellence Award Finalist
The SoftWire Data Management System was recently used for the upgrade of the Zip Hydrotap Production Line. This line, which also included test and assembly stations designed and developed by SoftWire Systems, was recently announced as a finalist in the 2020 Australian Engineering Excellence Awards.
Take a look over the case study here:
Click to download the PDF case study
SoftWire Systems have provided excellent design, development and support services to us throughout our recent line modernisation project. They have given us access to the data we need to make critical decisions for the manufacturing and design process of our products.
Director of Operations - Asia Pacific